THE BURDEN OF MANUAL ORDERING
If you’re looking for the best workshop software, it’s important to recognise that manual ordering is definitely one of the most oppressive systems still in use throughout the tyre and automotive industry today. Doing what we’ve always done can sometimes make it seem like everything is working just fine. On closer inspection, though, many companies are unaware of the significant invisible costs dragging their time and cash flow through the mud, and one of the main culprits is manual ordering.
Not every tradition is worth keeping
Ordering supplies, parts and equipment through traditional methods such as phone calls, email, or in-person interactions, is fraught with problems that impact every corner of your business.
- Time and Labor: Researching, communicating with suppliers and placing orders manually takes away valuable time that could be spent on customer service, employee training, marketing, or other activities that directly contribute to your company’s growth and success.
- Human Error: Incorrect item codes, quantities or delivery addresses lead to delays, rework and additional administrative efforts to rectify mistakes.
- Inefficient Inventory Management: Lack of accurate inventory levels and reorder points can result in over or understocking essential items, leading to tied-up capital or operational disruptions, which is as far away from the best workshop software as you can get.
- Missed Opportunities for Cost Savings: Manual ordering may prevent workshops from taking advantage of bulk discounts, special offers or supplier negotiations that could lead to significant cost savings.
- Communication Delays: Phone calls, voicemails or back-and-forth emails can lead to delays in order processing and misunderstandings.
- Order Tracking Challenges: Monitoring the status and tracking of manual orders can be cumbersome, potentially leading to uncertainties about delivery times and potential disruptions.
- Limited Scalability: As the workshop grows and the volume of orders increases, manual ordering hinders your ability to expand and meet customer demands efficiently.
Breaking new ground
The best workshop software provides an automated ordering process through digital tools like online supplier portals (which you can get with many suppliers) that streamline operations. Sourcing and ordering what you need in order to service your customers becomes easy, fast and accurate because you have established a seamless and automated connection between your workshop’s systems and those of your suppliers.
- Parts & Information: Seamlessly look up all the information you need and order parts without having to wait for a representative to discuss or take your order.
- Electronic Invoices: Eliminate all manual entry and enjoy a digital paper trail to make accounting and tax time so much easier.
- Customer Satisfaction: Provide your customers with fast turnaround times from your workshop with the right part on time, every time.
As one problem is solved by supplier integrations, the best workshop software will also provide immense positive impact through the remainder of your business to improve revenue and productivity across the board.
- Real-Time Inventory Visibility: Instantly see if a specific part is in stock so you can make informed decisions and avoid stockouts or overstocking.
- Faster Order Fulfilment: With automated integrations, orders are transmitted directly to the supplier’s system, leading to quicker order processing, real-time updates and faster delivery times.
- Reduced Administrative Work: Eliminate the need to manually re-enter order information.
- Improved Data Insights: Use data to make informed decisions about your purchasing patterns, preferences and supplier performance.
- Negotiation Power: Negotiate better terms, discounts and pricing with suppliers based on your order history.
At the end of the day, faster order processing and accurate inventory information combine in the best workshop software so you can meet your customer demands more effectively. Smooth operations, quick customer responses and market competitiveness create opportunities for long-term growth and improvement, rather than just treading water day-to-day.
Fast and accurate supplier integrations could be the perfect solution to secure your future.
Supplier integrations provide an extensive business solution across the breadth of your administrative and customer service workload. Contact our specialist team at Microhouse to learn more or book a demo and see the difference COSTAR will make to your business.
1800 819 984 (AUS) or 0800 100 913 (NZ).