Due to the impact of COVID-19, Microhouse, along with almost every other business globally, has had to adapt how we do business on several fronts. One of the most significant changes to our business process was the shift to delivering our training and implementation procedures remotely. In doing so, we have aimed to maintain the same level of service our clients expect from Microhouse as well as to ensure we keep your people, and our people, safe. Whilst onsite training and implementations are available, we have found the remote option to be just as effective and much more economical for our clients.
So, whether you need to get up and running in the shortest practical timeframe, or you just need a quick refresher on an area of COSTAR that is new to you, we are ready to teach. Because your requirements and your availability are always changing, we can help you out with training using real-time remote assistance. Our trainers are not only knowledgeable in COSTAR but will take the time to listen to you and make sure that your training suits your business.
How it works
Remote Implementations – COSTAR Installation
Our Technical Services team will make contact to access your PC’s to install and set up COSTAR, the installation is handled from our head office in Brisbane through TeamViewer.
This is where our Data Conversion specialist will convert your data from your existing software to COSTAR. We focus on the formats and obtaining data from the following key elements:
- Customer names, addresses and contact information
- Cash and account customers
- Account customer outstanding balances
- Supplier names and addresses
- Supplier outstanding balances
- Inventory items
- Inventory quantities on hand once the stock take has been completed
- Outstanding Bank Reconciliation
- General Ledger
Our training and implementations team will arrange a time with you on TeamViewer to begin the final stages of customising COSTAR to suit your business requirements before training and data processing.
This process entails but is not limited to following setup and configurations tasks:
- Final checks on software and hardware configurations and setup (e.g. testing network printing; backups; help files).
- Configuration and testing of email and SMS).
- Discussing and establishing buying and selling pricing rules.
- This is a critical part of COSTAR implementation and the better thought out and prepared this is, the better the final solution will be.
- Discussing and establishing Kits and Packages where required (these could be used for exhaust and muffler builds as an example).
- Establishing employees and system security permissions.
After COSTAR is successfully installed and your data is converted, the next step is to get the store up to date and further fine tuning of the software to best suit your business requirements where necessary. We will continue to support your learning process and aligning your business practices to ensure a smooth transition into COSTAR.
Our training specialists will focus on getting you confident in the following elements:
- Front Counter
- Order Entry documents
- Stock Check
- Concept of Work-In-Progress
- Review of searches WIP
- Repair Orders
- Credit Notes
- Supplier Returns
- Paid Out
- Sales Reporting
- Sales Analysis Screen
- Search in Document History
- Searching in Product/Service History
- Item Maintenance / Catalogues
- Quantity on hand (QOH) Adjustment
- Purchasing and Receipting
- Purchase Orders
- Electronic Invoices (ASNs)
- Generate PO from a Repair Order
- Accounts Receivable
- Customer Maintenance
- A/R Inquiry
Our team will be with you throughout this initial learning cycle and beyond. Finally, your trainer will be introducing you to the Microhouse Support team and handing you over to them.
After six months our Support team will get in touch to arrange an Optimisation Report. This is a proactive and free initiative where we review your COSTAR system and make recommendations to ensure you are getting the most out of your COSTAR system. You can read more about Optimisation Reports here.
Not only does remote software implementations and training reduce costs and travel time, it is also a great example of improving environmental impacts.
- By eliminating travel time between our head office and clients stores there is a great reduction in emissions.
Less Paper Usage
- Instead of printing, documents are increasingly being digitalised, again reducing the amount of paper being used year in and year out.
Let Microhouse be of assistance if your IT processes or implementations are consuming your valuable time and money.